Students assigned a Biology advisor should make advising appointments using the "Request Appointment" tab within their e-advisor dashboard. Non-Biology majors wishing to seek advisement should call 305-348-1907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Have a research-related question? Contact a faculty member who specializes in your area of interest.
Students who have any of the issues listed below should email email@example.com for assistance. All other inquiries should first be addressed with the student’s assigned advisor through the student dashboard using the “Message” feature.
- Non-degree seeking students who need permission to enroll in Biology courses.
- Students who are NOT Biology majors and need to meet with a Biology advisor to discuss academic issues (second major/degree, minor, change of major). These students may also call 305-348-1907 to schedule an appointment.
- Students who need permission to enroll in Biology courses due to pre-requisites not being updated in the system OR pre-requisites are not being identified by the system.
- General inquiries about the undergraduate Biology or Marine Biology programs and degree requirements. You may also visit marine.fiu.edu for more information.
The Department of Biological Sciences does NOT
- Provide overrides into closed courses.
- Keep waiting lists for closed courses.
- Provide overrides in cases where pre-requisites are not met
Students requesting permission to enroll MUST include their Panther ID number, attach a clear copy of their unofficial transcript in PDF format (must include the student’s name and identifying information), and indicate which specific section of the course they would like to enroll into.