Office: ECS-475 | Telephone: (305) 348-1235
Lab: ECS-153 | Telephone:(305) 348-6513
- Ph.D., Biology, University of Miami (1987).
- B.A., Biology, California State University – Fullerton (1977).
- Ecology and evolutionary biology of tropical amphibians and reptiles
- declining amphibians in the Neotropics
- restoration of alluvial forest in northeastern Costa Rica.
Her research focuses on the ecology and evolutionary biology of neotropical amphibians and reptiles with a focus on species from Central and South America. Explores the factors associated with faunal decline in northeastern Costa Rica, the effects of fragmentation on population genetic structure, and how animals survive in plantation systems.